Art Room Organization Powered by Pinterest

2 Sep

Art classes begin in 10 days and I am on an organizational rampage in my art room. I have an art room organization board on Pinterest, and now I get to use all the art room organization tips I have been pinning all summer. I have implemented 12 so far!  Here they are:

1.organizing commonly used supplies into pencil boxes  (one per table)

2. Labeled table bins

3. Numbering and color coding all the students’ chairs from Princess Artypants blog

4. stop sign reminder for the drying rack from One Crayola Short blog

5. coating inside of glue bottle tip with vaseline to prevent clogs adapted from What the Teacher Wants blog

6. ‘who’s out’ restroom sign-out whiteboard next to the door

7. Clean-up bins, one per table

8. 3-drawer bin for organizing paper scraps by color group by The Art of Education

9. Restroom/water reminder in window from Mrs. Hansen’s Art Room blog

10. Job assignments by table group by Draw the Line At blog

11. “4S” line up poster by Katie Morris at Adventures of an Art Teacher blog

12. Paint stored above the sink via The Teaching Palette

It feels sooooo good to organize!

I’m loving Pinterest. I’ve got over 100 pins on my art room organization board so I have a long way to go, but this is going to make a huge difference.  Thanks to all the art teachers who put their tips online!

Are you on Pinterest? How has it helped you at work?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tags: , ,

8 Responses to “Art Room Organization Powered by Pinterest”

1. Elizabeth - Dream Painters September 2, 2012 at 3:07 pm #

Hi Rina,
    I agree totally – I’m not sure how I managed before pininterest, it has certainly revolutionized how I organize and track my program!
    Thank you so much for adding my link to your page, it has generated a lot of traffic :) I’ve found that wordpress didn’t have many of the features I needed, so I’ve moved to blogger. I’d love it if you would visit me at my new address, and if you like it, would be very grateful if you’d update the link on your page :)
    Elizabeth – Dream Painters recently posted..Whale Watching!My Profile

• Rina September 2, 2012 at 8:45 pm #

Done! Good luck with your new blog platform.

Rina

2. Miss September 3, 2012 at 8:01 am #

I also have an “Art room organization” board on Pinterest. It’s a Godsend. I used to have so many folders in my favorites that I never looked at, I realize now because it just wasn’t visual. Pinterest is perfect as I can quickly ‘scan’ my boards to see what I need. Some excellent tips you posted- organizing is so much fun!!!
    Miss recently posted..Glue Pictures- faux embossed metalMy Profile

• Rina September 3, 2012 at 1:47 pm #

Hi Miss

I would love to follow you on Pinterest. Couldn’t find a link on your blog- could you post a link?

P.s. I found around 30 art room org boards on Pinterest. I’m going to follow them all!

Rina

3. Kate / Pennello Lane September 8, 2012 at 2:03 pm #

I don’t have kids or students, but I think I can use some of your ideas to organize my own art area! Thanks for visiting my blog today. Following you on Pinterest now :)
    Kate / Pennello Lane recently posted..Jamie Hamilton: Paper Thin PortraitsMy Profile

4. Rina September 11, 2012 at 9:42 am #

Hi Kate – Following you on Pinterest as well!

5. Gini Crisanti August 18, 2013 at 8:01 am #

I have set up links for my students in my classroom website for boards that allow them to learn about the many mediums we use in the Studio.

• Rina August 18, 2013 at 8:46 am #

Hi Gini
      What a great idea! I love the idea of Pinterest boards organized by medium. I found you on Pinterest – I’m now following a bunch of your boards. Thanks for stopping by.