Birds on a Wire: Thumbprint Art for Kindergarten

17 May

Looking for a quick 40-minute project? Get out your stamp pads. Kindergarteners used crayon, stamp pads and ballpoint pens to create these cute thumbprint birds on a wire.

20120517-071335.jpg

20120517-071421.jpg

And just for fun….look how Ryan signed the back of his art! He must be very proud of his writing skills. These kids have come so far since the fall. What a joy!

20120517-071619.jpg

Inspiration came from Mrs. Weber’s Art Class blog via Pinterest.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tags: , , , ,

6 Responses to “Birds on a Wire: Thumbprint Art for Kindergarten”

1. Shell May 17, 2012 at 8:01 am #

This is such a cute idea!
    Shell recently posted..Soundtrack of the YearMy Profile

• Rina May 19, 2012 at 9:01 am #

Hi Shell – I checked out your blog – I bet your three boys would love thumbprint art (boys in my art classes love turning their thumbprints into baseball and soccer players). Have fun!

2. Kim May 18, 2012 at 8:25 am #

Oh, I love this thumbprint idea, so cute! We are always doing art around here, and this would be perfect, thank you! (P.S. Found you through SITS)
    Kim recently posted..A Love StoryMy Profile

3. Creative2xmom May 19, 2012 at 8:35 am #

I love these. They’re so much fun and so easy. My kids and I found a book in the library that has a tons of ideas. I don’t have the name on me right now, but it was a lot of fun. Speaking of which, I think I’ll go look for it on the library catalogue right now. Have fun!
    Creative2xmom recently posted..Sourdough Starter: Day FiveMy Profile

• Rina May 19, 2012 at 8:51 am #

Hello! I think you are looking for the Ed Emberley thumbprint books. I keep them in my ‘free draw’ area for early finishers. I bet you can find them at your library. What a fun Saturday activity!

4. Melanie May 19, 2012 at 8:41 am #

Hooray for Ryan! So cute!
    Melanie recently posted..A Tale From the UndergroundMy Profile